Sunday, September 12, 2010

the Squirt:: 16 months

photo.jpg


I love you, Chickerdoodle.

I love that you are a good dancer and that when we take Elliott to school in the morning you walk in holding his hand and when we pick him up 2 hours later you try to say "Elliott school", but it sounds like, "E-ut choo".

I love to see how excited you get when you see your Uncle Willie and that when we wear our uncle Willie t-shirts on football day you point to his picture and smile because you are so proud.

photo.jpg

I love that you love french fries and diet coke. Just like me.

I love that you run everywhere, because those extra few seconds are going to add up.

I love that you almost know how to put the key in the mailbox, have figured out how to go down the stairs and turn the dryer off in mid cycle without me knowing - leaving me a soggy surprise when I'm ready to switch loads.

I love that you try to be so big - ride your brothers scooter, pull weeds, climb and dig. You are getting to be such a real little boy - the baby is gone and the toddler is officially here.

photo.jpg

I love that you love your brother. You are figuring how to fight back, defend your territory, and protect your mama. The biting, I don't love so much - but your fierce loyalty to me and protection of my lap as your throne is just too cute.

I am so proud of you for sticking it out the last 7 weeks you've been so sick. It's been awful to see you not feel well and know that all I could to is just hold you on my lap and sing to you. I think that I've sung "hey Jude" a thousand times in the last little while.


just hanging out

You are growing up so fast little Chick. I cannot believe how quickly time is passing and how fast my baby is turning into my little boy. Thank you for helping me vacuum and swiffer and do laundry and throw away trash and pick up toys and put away dishes.

I love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails