Friday, September 24, 2010

Indian Summer

Indian summer

I know that the weather is telling me it's fall. The mountains are starting to turn red, the breeze through my bedroom window almost warrants a sweater. I've broken out the long sleeve nightgowns and flannel pajama bottoms.

Even still - the days are a beautiful and crisp 70 degrees outside. We're still in shorts and t-shirts. We can still go for walks and ride scooters around the block. No coats, no jackets and sunglasses at the ready.

I love summer. Summer is lazy. Summer is going out to lunch and hanging out with our favorite people.

There is however, something comforting about the fall. Knowing that the seasons will continue to change, that the end of one year is fast approaching and the excitement for another new year is straight ahead.

And sweaters. Let's not forget about wearing all those lovely sweaters that have been sitting, missing going out all spring and summer long.

I guess this is what you call an Indian Summer - where the weather stays beautiful for us to enjoy. To trick us into thinking that the fall may really not come - that it will skip us this year.

Lucky for us though - fall is coming.

I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Codi said...

Well said. I love me some indian summer. Hope those cute boys are feeling better - sounded like you guys had a rough couple of weeks.

Cheers to sweater weather!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails