Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Today is the day...well, one of the days...

photo.JPG

Today is the day.

Today, I sign away my rights to the house I am sitting in right now....along with forking over a giant check for a decent sum of money.

Today, I sign my name on a bunch of papers for my new digs...along with forking over a giant check for an even larger sum of money.

Today, I am excited. So excited. I'm so excited that I just can't hide it. I love my cute little house dearly. She has been so good to us in the last 6.5 years of our residing within her walls. We have brought babies home to this house, repainted a handful of times, created the yard and truly made it our own. That's a big deal. We've taken really good care of her.

But, it's time to move on. Time for a new neighborhood and new scenery and a new place to go to church. It's time for new yard projects and new paint colors and a space big enough to host some parties.  We've worked hard to pay off debt and get ourselves in a position to make this move work.  I'm proud of that.  I'm proud of my husband for being such a good worker because being jobless as I am, the financial burden of life falls on his shoulders and he's doing a great job keeping us afloat.

I'm lucky that this has all worked out. Very lucky. Count my lucky stars lucky. I love my friends and am so thankful that I'm only moving a little over a mile from where I'm at right now. It's only five minutes to get back into the land of familiar so I can visit, drop off cookies, or just do a drive by when the mood feels right.

I'm excited.

We get the keys tomorrow. I might start pulling weeds tonight. I'll probably get dirt ready to transplant my peony tomorrow.

We move on Friday. We'll sleep in "THE NEW HOUSE!" Friday night....without window coverings.

Feel free to come by and stare.

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

can't wait to come and see your new home, it looks great.

Codi said...

It is gorgeous!! Good luck with the move and getting settled. I'll try to patiently wait for our invite!

Emily said...

Love, Love, Love your new house! Haley said that you are moving behind the fire station. This is a little closer to Devin's Parents! If you need any help with the move let me know. I am more than willing! We have a family freind that might be in your new ward. Laura and Greg Nelson. They are awesome! I will have to ask them if this home is in their ward.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails