Saturday, July 30, 2011

Things are good

Family picture

You know how sometimes, you feel like life is overwhelming?  Like it's just sucking your will to live and even though you're giving it all you've got you just cannot keep your head above water and you might drown in air because your just a ball of panic?

Today is not one of those days.

In fact, the last week or so has been pretty good.

Maybe it's because our dad is home with us all day long and even when he goes to work at 3:00 pm he's still home, just locked away in the office.   We've spent more time with our dad in the last two weeks than we did in the previous two months.  It's pretty cool.

Maybe it's because every day feels like a Saturday because we don't get up until 8:00 or 8:30 in the morning and like yesterday, all four of us don't even get dressed until, like 11:00.  Lunchtime, can you believe it?

Maybe it's because my long list of projects and errands has been divided and conquered because there are two grown-ups in the house to do the yard work and the laundry and take care of the monkeys.

Maybe it's because we can wake up in the morning and decide to go to a 10:25 movie, just the four of us, and be the only people in the movie theater.

Maybe I'm being sentimental because summer is almost over.

Maybe I just really like to barbecue dinner because there is virtually no clean-up.

Maybe it's because my two year old thinks he's a soccer player and got totally dressed up and ready for the mornings game and when he woke up from his nap this afternoon he let me hold him like a sweet little baby and we had a staring contest until he told me that I'm silly.

photo.JPG

Maybe it's because my four year old has been nice and sweet and not so growly. He all of a sudden wants to kiss me on the cheek, rubs the back of my neck (like he sees his dad do) right before he asks me to help him with a craft project, and tells me that he loves me. That's kind of nice.

photo.JPG

Maybe it's because that husband of mine, the one I never see, spent most of the day with me yesterday and took me to dinner last night to one of our favorite restaurants.

I'm not sure what it is...but things today are good and that makes me really happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails