Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Around the house...

As always, I'm not sure where the time goes.

It seems like our routine is pretty....well, routine and that at the end of the day we are all exhausted.  I get a few minutes here and there to check my e-mail.  I talk to my husband at lunch time, if I'm lucky, and as we drift off to sleep. My boys have endless energy.

Life is good, even though it feels a little to stressful at times.

And, busy....busy, busy, busy.  I know a lot of people who say they are busy and aren't but believe me, we've got lots going on.

For example:

This little person learned how to crawl this weekend.  One of us (me) is not happy about this new development.  #crawlersaretroublemakers

Let's talk about this little bugger. Over the weekend, he learned to crawl and life will never be the same. He is a total menace, albeit a cute one. He is into everything, banging and crashing around. He even found a marker under his brother's bed, got the lid off, and colored his face and his tongue. Busy, busy, busy holy terror. And if that weren't enough, he's figured out how to motor around in his walker, open drawers and cupboards and empty them of their contents. I cannot seem to lose weight exercising, but I might chasing this kid around.

The end of tball

Wyatt finished t-ball and only cried three times in 8 games. Victory! He did a great job and his dad took another great turn as coach. We went from frigid weather, to sweltering heat, to torrential rain during his little 4 week season and he was a champ.

Cleanliness and organization of the family room brought to you by my 6 year old.  This is what he did when I left him home to take his brother to school.  Man in love that kid.

Elliott just started his final off-track for the school year and is already completely stir-crazy. On Monday, when Quinn and I got home from taking Wyatt to preschool, I came home to a beautifully cleaned and organized family room. He's already spent so much time on his kindle that he chose to clean. Good boy!  And, as with every other off-track he's had, he has been sick.  Trouble out of both ends, if you know what I mean.  But, minus an initial puking all over the floor and the top of the toilet, he seems to have figured it out and managed the rest of his troubles like a champ.

My monster cookie

Monday was a terribly rainy day. It was great. It was the perfect day for making cookies and rather than just whip up a batch of my regular chocolate chip, I sought out a new recipe. It was a recipe that was a copy-cat of the Levain Bakery's cookies in NYC. One batch of dough yielded 12 of the largest and tastiest cookies I've made in a long time. Even my husband who doesn't particularly care for good old chocolate chip cookies told me that they were the best I've made. So good.

Last dance of the year for @willie_petersen44 . Handsome he is.  #10moredaysofhighschool

And this brother went to "senior ball" with "don't call her my girlfriend" Maddie. He tweeted that it was the best time of his life, but they didn't play "forever young" at the dance, so it cannot really be the best time ever! Just wait little brother....a few more days of high school and then "life" really begins. Good times are a comin'.

Husbands view this morning from scout camp. #igutah

What else? Our dad went camping in the pouring rain and took this great picture. We celebrated the birthday's of Molly-wog and Jackity-Jack....also in the rain. We drove around in the rain We wished we could run through sprinklers while watching the rain fall. We played baseball in the almost rain. Elliott has a super loose tooth. Quinn has 7 teeth. Wyatt only eats corn chips with his teeth.

Life is here for the taking and we are trying to take it all in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails