Friday, November 04, 2005

Two sides to every story

I suppose that there are always two sides to every story. In the case of my arrival home, I saw a perfect example of that. As I was headed west, headed home, I noticed the great skyline. The clouds were low, the sun was disappearing, and the mountains have their first touch of snow. It was truly a beautiful sight to behold. Then, I pulled into my neighborhood. Now, I realize that I live in a construction zone and chose to do so. I am also fully aware of the "cookie cutter"-ness of my neighborhood. I chose that too. Regardless of living in the "Truman Show" I am getting alittle bit tired of the construction. I understand that people want to live in their homes because I know how hard it was to wait for mine to be finished. However, arriving home and pulling into my alley way to find a HUGE cement truck in my driveway is a little frustrating. I only got into my garage through some tricky mauvering and then ran upstairs into my bedroom to take a picture of the machine that was in my way. In the end it is all okay, because the setting sun was pretty enough to compensate for my momentary homecoming issues. Lucky for me, the homes are nearly finished and hopefully, they only have to pour the concrete one time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails