Saturday, January 13, 2007

10 Days and Counting....

Yesterday was an eventful day at the doctor's office and at the NST. Gary is on his way here, whether we are ready or not.

My appointment was early in the morning and Ross came with me. The Doctor is always so excited to see Ross because he knows that there will be lots of questions. I don't ask lots of questions, I read too much on the Internet, but yesterday, we had a list of things to go over.

The lowdown is this:

  • still measuring 2.5 weeks ahead of schedule


  • baby is very low and ready to face the world


  • heart rate is around 140


  • already dialating and effacing (I made that word up and that's probablly too much detail, but I'll share it anyway.)


  • Had to get some blood work done to see if I have toxemia, but the results came back clear. That doesn't mean that they'll be clear on Wednesday at my next appt, but we came out looking good yesterday.


  • The Doctor asked me if I was still working. I told him that yesterday was my last day. He said good because otherwise, he'd tell me it was my last day. So, basically, I am to rest with my feet up (swelling issues) for as much as possible as long as possible all this coming week. What a terrible order to give someone. Now, I can finally relax and catch up on some reading.


  • At the NST there were definate contractions. I couldn't really feel them, but the monitor says they exsist and I'll take it. Gary did beautifully by the way and we were only hooked up for 20 minutes. That's our 4th fast NST in a row. The kid is smart and has finally figured out how to avoid the buzzer.

Most importantly, we set a D-Day date. I wasn't prepared to leave the Doc's office w/o one and he was willing to give us a date. Because of the bedes and my blood pressure, Gary won't go over 38 weeks which means that if he doesn't come on his own this week, he'll be arriving on Tuesday, January 23, 2007. Yeah! It's so good to see some light at the end of the tunnel.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails