Thursday, January 11, 2007

Check out these sweet ankles

Yesterday, "gary" officially hit 36 weeks. Why is this significant you ask? It is significant because of this:

Your baby is still putting on weight — about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little less than 19 inches long. (Yeah right. "Gary" weighed 7 lbs 3 weeks ago)

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Babies born between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term; a baby born before 37 weeks is pre-term and after 42 weeks is post-term.)

We can almost count "gary" full term which means that we can introduce him to the real world and I am definitely in a hurry to do that. In addition to REALLY wanting to meet the kid that has been kicking me for months, the ravages of the whole process are really starting to wear on me. My blood pressure is creeping up again, my sugars are out of control and unstable and I basically feel like crap all the time. Look at this picture of my ankles as evidence of the disgusting-ness that I am becoming...

IMGP3835
(In the picture notice that the left ankle is more swollen than the right, in addition to the left foot. Please disregard the unpainted toenails...I'll work on those next week, promise. If you know anything about diseases during WW II, my feet look like I have what is called wet beri-beri. Isn't that neat?)

Tomorrow is a big day for the two of us. We have a doctors appointment and I'm not willing to leave until we determine a D-day. I am requiring that Ross go with me because the Doc seems to like him and he can be my backbone and help me get a date. If that doesn't work, I'll cry. I'll cry until the cows come home if necessary. Well, I won't really cry in the office but I'll definitely cry in my car all the way home.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Oww...your ankles look like they hurt so badly. My advice is to keep your feet up and demand many foot mesages. Good luck at the Dr's appointment and let me know when D-day is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails