Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chaotic, like Brittney and Kevin


office, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

This is week 6 of the work from home experiment. So far, it is working. I am confident that I get more accomplished in my 4 hours a day than I ever did in 8 hours at the office. For the most part, I am much more focused and content to sit down at work. Even though I'm home, the house stuff doesn't distract me and I can just work.

However, my work environment could use a little help. Not sure if you can tell anything about a person by the status of their office, but it definitely seems like my office space is telling a lot about how my life in general is treating me at the moment. Or, how I am treating my life might be more appropriate.

Though life is good, it feels a little bit out of control. Maybe that's because I don't feel good, or because Monkey never takes naps during the day, or because I feel like my mind is spiraling out of control. Whatever the reason, it's getting hard to work out of my piles of stuff and off of two computers. You see, my work computer sucketh and I only use it for e-mail. Not sure that I should have to do my work on my personal PC, but it's okay. I like the monitor and keyboard better anyway.

So, if all those shows like "clean sweep" and "clean house" are true, by cleaning up and organizing my office I can excise my demons and be free from mess, right? Okay. As soon as the IKEA opens, and the people who are camping out have gone home, I'll tackle the office. Until then, if you need me, I'm probably buried in her, somewhere.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I should take a picture of our office to make you feel better. It's about half the size and twice the clutter:)

Lisa said...

Thank goodness you are blogging about the office because I miss the 4 hours of distraction talking to you. It can get lonely over here in 205 MBH. So it's great to be able read and make comments on your blog.
Thanks,
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails