Thursday, July 12, 2007

Does Boo Live By You?


Boo Radley's House, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

This house is close to my neighborhood. Lately, I seem to drive past it all the time and every time I do, I think of one of my most favorite books, "To Kill a Mockingbird". If I ever saw a house that I thought Boo Radley would live in, it's got to be this one.

My sister once wrote a paper for an English Class titled, "There's a Boo Radley in every neighborhood". It was a good paper, I think. I probably didn't read it, but I'm sure she told me about it She talked about Larry the Lawnmower guy in it...he lived by us when we lived in our old house.

I know this house is vacant, because the land it sits on is for sale, but I can't help but wonder why the house, and the trees surrounding it, haven't been demolished. to make way for a quickie mart, or something like that.

This house definately has a history. It has to. And, beleive it or not, I really wish I knew what the history was.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow, I agree. I can totally see Boo Radley living there. Crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails