Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's back in action

This is my wedding ring on a crumpled tissue:
ring on tissue - glow effect

This is my wedding ring on my wedding ring finger:
ring on finger

Why is this blog worthy you may be asking? Because it is! I really like my wedding ring. I remember the night Ross and I went ring shopping at some local jewelers and I found this setting. Ross of course, took care of the rest, but, the ring is important right? It was just simple, yet elegant enough that I felt comfortable wearing such a piece of jewelry for, you know, the rest of my life.

Well, time passes, I got fat, then pregnant, then had the baby, then stayed fat. This, coupled with the fact that I haven't worn my wedding ring since April, 2006 because it was eating the skin on my finger, making my finger red, itchy, swollen, and look like I have leprosy has made yesterday so much better. We finally found someone who Ross trusted enough to re size my ring and clean it up. Yeah! Now, it is two sizes bigger than it started at when he gave it to me on November 8, 2002, but I get to wear it again.

It makes me happy. I'm not one to believe in omens and signs, but maybe the fact that I've got my ring back on will cancel out any of the negative impact on our relationship that might occur because Ross lost his ring. Again! The second time!

He swears it's in the house somewhere.

4 comments:

Michele said...

We got married in May 2003. I haven't worn my wedding ring since about October of 2003, I mean I put it on when I get dressed up with jewelry, but that happens maybe once a year. Oh and Caleb lost his about 4 months after we got married and we've never replaced it.

Annie said...

It's good to know were not the only ones!

Unknown said...

that is crazy that you posted this today because i just told the kids that i would buy them an ice cream if they find my watch that has my two wedding rings on it. i thought i put it in my bag on the way to church yesterday but now it has mysteriously vanished in my house.......

Bing Math said...

Congrats on your recent engagement!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails