Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This is what they do when I'm not around


easy transportation, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

Elliott and I are like peas and carrots. Except, neither of us likes peas. We are together all the time and for the most part, enjoy each other's company immensely. I let Elliott eat my face and puke on my clothes and he lets me pinch his fat legs and smell his head. It's a match made in heaven.

No matter how much the two of us like hanging out together, there is just something about Dad being home that makes the world seem right. I get some time to myself and Elliott doesn't have to follow any of the dumb "rules" mom establishes during the day.

Last night, I was working upstairs in the office and Ross called me down to see what was going on. Elliott was in his high char without the tray and without the buckle just chillin' on the living room floor. They were watching baseball. Perfectly happy, perfectly content.

Explain to me this: Why can Ross get away with this? Why must I entertain, feed, clean, and make the boy laugh all day long and all Ross has to do is turn on a baseball game, and they both spend the evening with glazed over eyes, watching a game neither cares about and checking the minute by minute update of fantasy baseball on the computer?

I just don't get it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wait....it gets much much worse. pretty soon El will only want mom for comfort & he will seek out dad for everything else. why...? because dad has no rules.

trust me.

i've become mom, the person that everyone needs but that no one wants around. all because i have rules...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails