Thursday, July 19, 2007

Braving New Frontiers

Though hobbies really aren't my thing, I do enjoy taking pictures. Every once in a while I take a good one, or at least one that I really like. Whenever such a photo occurs, I stick it in a folder on my computer called, "contest pictures". Just in case I ever see a photo contest I want to enter, or decide to submit a photo to the county or state fair, I've already got them narrowed down.

Problem is, I never do it. Last summer, I was determined to enter some pictures into the state fair, and even went so far as to have Ross get me the necessary paperwork. What happened? Nothing! I used being pregnant as an excuse to do nothing but lay on the couch and feel sorry for myself most of the summer last year.

This year though, I want to be a little more brave, a little more outgoing, and a little more bold. If I could take pictures for a job, I'd be the happiest girl around. I've got no real training, just an eye for good shots, but I think I could do it. I don't know how to get started exactly, but I'll figure it out.

I did however, just the other day, submit a photo to a gallery of a magazine I read and they put my picture up on their site. I subscribe to a photography magazine called PC Photo. I love reading about cameras, cool gear, and photo shop techniques. This kind of stuff is my dungeons and dragons I suppose. My obsession and hobby. I saw a section on their website the other day where subscribers can submit their "best shot" so I uploaded a picture of Elliott with his helmet on. Guess what! They put it up on their site. I checked today. Cool!

It's not a contest, and I don't get a prize, but I do have my photo on the Internet, which I think is kind of neat.

pcphoto
(My picture is in the bottom left hand corner, in case you can't see it)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that's great! congrats! funny how we are on a weird parallel of things you & i. i just had entered a few photos on a site called "BabyZone" and they chose one to be voted on as one of their weekly winners. it was the picture on my site of Dani that i dubbed "persistence" of her at the pumpkin patch with the balls in her hands. i never blogged about it, i just put the pic on my site.

i love this pic of El! i'm glad they put it on there. you are super cool!!

crazy.

Michele said...

Congratulations! This should encourage you to do this kind of thing more often!

Anonymous said...

cool! You do good work! - Haley

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Annie!
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails