Monday, July 09, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Vanity is not something that I rate real high on the "important in life scale". There are so many other things to worry about than all of that stuff. However, if I were to be vain, the one area of my life where I dwell and nitpick is my hair. I'm obsessed about it's color, texture, symmetry, and overall condition. It's never the right length, style, or shade of blond. Now, that I've got the little monkey, my hair is an even greater area of concern because of all the things I NEED to do in a day, combing my hair is not on the list.

So, after an hour visit with Romela, whom I love and cherish dearly, the hair is gone. All gone. She cut so much off that in the middle of the cut, she had to sweep the floor after blowing it all off my lap with a dryer.

It's amazing how a hair cut, for me at least, can be so empowering and give me a sense of relief. I still had to do a bit of trimming when I got home, and wet it down to get rid of the poof, but it's the beginning of a new me! The first step was the hair, the next step is the body image. I'm hoping that the mind and soul will continue to thrive, especially in light of my new found motivation.

To commemorate this new found clarity, enjoy some pictures of my recent hair-capades over the last 6 years or so. Minus the dabble into the purple, you'll notice that it always looks the same...that boring news anchor look. I'm hoping that I'll turn a new leaf with the new cut and avoid the 5 pm nightly news.



Thank heaven for scissors and razors.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am inspired not only by your blog but by the bold hair move. It has been on mind to cut my hair and rid myself of my codependent ponytail relationship for awhile. I have an apt. at the end of August so that's only 6 more weeks to cling on to my ponytail :-( . Your hair looks Fabulous!!! :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! it's funny how even when you have short hair so much of it can be still cut off! i loved your hair before but i understand the boredom & the helmet-hair issue. i run into that from time to time as well......but i totally dig the new look.

Unknown said...

Get ready - it's called Relief Society President hair;)

Anonymous said...

Where did you get all those pictures? How long did it take to scan them all? You should write a book about your hair. - Haley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails