Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas about me

It seems that Ross is the Grinch in our family this year, not me. He won't let us get a tree. He thinks Elliott will eat it or something. He won't even find our stockings to display. In an effort to continue trying to dispel the Grinchy mystique that haunts me, I thought I'd post my answers to some holiday questions.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper with curly ribbon

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. Real tall and real skinny. I don't think that I'll be getting one though.

3. When do you put up the tree? Still no tree - I have a sparkly thingy shaped like a tree from target that my presents are surrounding, but it doesn't really count.

4. When do you take the tree down? Refer to #2 and #3

5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely not! Who likes to drink nog?

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Is it bad that I don't really remember any gifts? Sorry mom. I love to receive clothes and shoes. One year when I was obsessed with living on an Indian reservation my grandma gave me a beautiful statue of an Indian girl. It made me cry.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? More than I want. I'll give you one if you need it.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Ross. That's why this year, we decided no gifts between the two of us. Just stockings.

9. Easiest person to buy for: Elliott and Willie. And myself, I'm very good at getting gifts for myself.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Since I don't really remember any gifts I've received, I guess I can't say that I got anything bad. Once, when my cousin Alex was in West Virginia, he sent us all coal for Christmas, but that was actually pretty cool.

11. Mail or email cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I had all but one present purchased by Thanksgiving day and almost all of my presents are now wrapped and not under a tree.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but Ross has given his brother clothes that he bought for himself that didn't fit and we've re-gifted wedding presents at other weddings. Does that count?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge, with no nuts and my Auntie Chris' homemade caramels.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? If I get a tree, the lights will be white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? See previous blog post. "Last Christmas" by WHAM. I also like "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" sung by ColdPlay.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Ideal? People come to me.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Again with the tree! Ross, you're killing me here.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Ross' family opens all on Christmas Eve and my family opens on Christmas day with the tradition of opening one on Christmas Eve (Pajamas for all).

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? This time of year. I took one of my moms tranquilizers this evening just because I can't handle life and I think that I'm going to have a heart attack.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Watching my family open their gifts and finding "just the right thing" for all of them.

Have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ross... I think you had better get Annie a tree!

Anonymous said...

You forgot Rudolph -----
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails