Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Philadelphia - the final recap

We made it home late last night. Phew! What a whirlwind of a trip. It's a toss up whose more tired out of the three of us but the fact that Elliott is out cold in his bed and Ross and I are up and moving slowly is a good indicator. Nothing is as exhausting as traveling with a baby, I think. At least nothing that I've experienced at this point in my life. We are wiped out, but had a great time. Thanks to Craig and Christina for letting us stay in their house - even if we had to threaten to leave because of a power outage. We are so happy that the power came back on and the baby didn't freeze.

As I was wrapping things up yesterday packing and putting my computer away, I thought that my boys were upstairs doing the same. Boy was I wrong. I found them like this: sound asleep without a care in the world.
they were supposed to be packing

Once I got them awake and we got all of our bags packed and our coats on (it was absolutely freezing yesterday)we had one final goal, it was imperative that Ross each lunch at Reading Terminal, downtown. Luckily, he could expense the $25 dollar parking to make the whole experience worth it. Ross ate until he couldn't eat anymore and the 12 foot sandwich he devoured after the huge slice of pizza can definitely attest to the super human size of his stomach.
dad's lunch - after the pizza

We made it to the airport safely and were ready for the 5 hour adventure back home. Elliott once again made it through with flying colors. He slept a bit and then spent a good deal of the flight standing up, playing and eating cheerios.
airplane home - standing up

All in all, it went smoothly. Much better than this very negative worry wart thought it would. Will I do it again? Not anytime soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails