Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's on my wish list, is it on yours?

There was a time in my life where I was obsessively political and in tune with issues around America and the world. I was a poly sci major for crying out loud...it was imperative that I know the names of world leaders, who has WMD's, and what nations want to blow up the US on any given day. Since those college days however, I've mellowed extremely. So much so that I struggle with politics today and can't be part of the process. I vote, but no more debates, news articles, video blurbs or commercials. I'm past it now. Apathy is my new middle name.

That being said, this is a fantastic item and I'd love to own it. I know that in Utah, my vote doesn't really count. It never has and never will because I live in a state full of people like my husband, "conservative turds" (to quote Ross after the 2004 election), who vote Republican even if Warren Jeffs himself were a Republican candidate for President of the United States.

I have to say though, that if Hillary Clinton gets the Democratic nomination, much to the chagrin of my husband and father, I'll probably vote for her. I have a history of voting for the "guy" who isn't going to win (Ralph Nader, John Kerry, etc.) and politics aside, I'll probably do it because she's a woman. Men have "ruled" this nation for over 200 years and done enough to screw it up. It's time for raging hormones, girl power and a little socialized medicine (that one was for you Ross) to have a chance. It's not like she can make things worse, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails