Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wyoming is a Pepsi state...

...and in our house, we don't drink Pepsi. Good thing we took enough cokes to last us a week - and drank most of them.

we made it home from our whirlwind adventure to scenic Casper all in one piece. the trip was fine and dandy - except that Elliott and I didn't sleep pretty much at all and he fell off his bed twice. Once when he was asleep and once when he was awake.

it seems that my perception of beds is off. Or, hotel's lie. We were supposed to have a room with two queen beds - well, they were queen size beds for ants! Here is my diagram explaining the problem.

a hotel "queen" really isn't
Currently, I have sleep issues - the issue being that unless conditions are perfect, I don't sleep. I'm used to having the parting of the red sea down the middle of my bed every night and sleeping in such close quarters with a snorer and flopper, with me being a tosser/turner/flopper/get up and use the bathroom-er just didn't work. I was pretty much awake for nearly three days straight. Oh well, I slept pretty good last night, in my own bed.

My favorite part of the hotel room was this lamp on the bedside table.
DSCN2618
It was the best looking of the three lamps in our room.

and the bathroom sink was pretty cool, too. Fit with backwards faucets and decades of caulk.
DSCN2613-1

And....let's not forget the wall decor and fancy bricks.
DSCN2637-1

I wish that the people who I was presenting with would have spent the time to give me some recommendations on a place to stay (there was a brand new Marriott down the freeway three minutes), restaurants, that sort of thing but we were really winging it. On our first night, we ate at a restaurant next door to a place with a giant Bugs Bunny outside.

DSCN2621-1

and what giant bunny would be complete with out his own pile of permanent refuse (scat, shat, poo...whatever you want to call it, it was there) underneath his coat tails?

DSCN2623-1

We spent a lot of time at the mall - where Elliott played and fell down, on his head, on his bruised bump.
DSCN2635-1

and drove a stroller car - and screamed when we made him get out (that dopey look in his eyes? that basically sums up the experience for all three of us).
DSCN2628-1

On a more positive note?
Wind farms are cool -
DSCN2607-1

and the creepy hotels wireless connection worked perfectly. That's always a bonus.

I love my husband for taking two days off of work to chauffeur me around and my little boy for putting up with hours in the car, a crappy bed, no sleep, lots of greasy food and pretty much yelling at us and claiming he farted and calling me "Dumb Mama" the entire drive home. We do now know our ABCD's forward and almost backwards - the song of choice in the car.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails