Monday, March 02, 2009

The Griswalds.....go


Photo 3, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

You know how sometimes you say yes to stuff months in advance and then when it finally comes time to do that thing you don't want to do it and it didn't turn out being anything like you thought?

Well, were doing one of those things now.

Hello Casper, Wyoming.

What was initially billed as a NEED for a two day training has turned into a 2 hour conference gig in the "lovely" city of Casper. I drug my family along because I am at the cusp of the safe flying window and airplanes oogg me out. We had a good drive yesterday, with lots of nothing to look at and checked into our hotel room around 5:30.

I'll share pictures later, but icky doesn't begin to describe the conference center/hotel were at. I'm sure 35 years ago, this place was stylin', but that was the past.

Our room may have been converted for us just yesterday from smoking to non. The walls have thick carpety wall paper, and the faucets turn on backwards. The beds are TINY and no one slept last night. I was up from about Midnight to 4 am, the MOnkey from 230 to 4 and our poor dad had to deal with both of us all through the night.

Today though, things should be on the up and up - minus the fact that my laptop isn't working (good thing I brought a backup) and the people I'm supposed to present with this afternoon still haven't officially contacted me. Coordinating a presentation is way over-rated though, right?

wish us luck...we're headed to the mall.

3 comments:

fivewoods said...

YUCK!!! I once stayed in a "dive" in Ventura, CA. Didn't sleep all night and put the dresser in front of the door for safety reasons.

Bing Math said...

Ick. Sorry.

japetersen said...

I one stayed at the Starlight Motor Inn in Ankeny, Iowa -- it was really humid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails