Tuesday, March 31, 2009

what to think about when there is nothing to think about...

I cannot sleep. Sleep seems to be my enemy and tonight it's worse than normal. What's a girl to do but blog, right?

For me, being awake at night is so stressful. At least I haven't started crying yet, but I guess the night is still young.

Like most with insomnia - I cannot turn my brain off to peacefully drift to la la land. Tonight, I've started keeping track of everything I'm thinking about when I should be sleeping. Here's the short list.

Stuff I need to purchase at Target tomorrow
Where to go to lunch with Sister/Auntie Haley
The fact that I don't visit my grandma enough
Who will take care of my kids if I die
That one song - I cannot remember the title, or most of the lyrics, but I've been singing it to myself all night long
stupid nap - why did I take a stupid nap. oh yeah, because i was tired and I don't sleep at night
why there is a mysterious truck parked on my street in front of a house that doesn't drive a truck
work - why are some teachers so dumb? and needy? and driving me crazy all the time.
I need to get Elliott's new room organized and put together.
Ross needs to bring my bins of baby clothes upstairs so I can sort, organize, and wash.
In a few short weeks I'm going to have more laundry to do than I ever imagined.
Sad that I don't get to go to Washington DC with the fam and cousins in June - have fun without me and my opinions
blood sugar - why is it so high all the time
sick baby - praying and crossing fingers that this kid doesn't need the NICU like his older brother
sick of doctor's appointments three times a week
need to plan cub scouts
sleep
must sleep
cannot function without....







sleep

2 comments:

Teddy-n-Mai's mom said...

Annie,
Have you tried taking melatonin to help regulate your sleep patterns? I hear it really works.

japetersen said...

You'll be fine and everything will be okay --
Love you, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails