Monday, March 09, 2009

a tasty treat sampler

Not a huge fan of doughnuts. Will I eat one? You betcha. Is that my preferred sugary treat? Nope.

At book club last week, everyone seemed to know about Beyone Glaze but me. So, this morning the Monkey and I went on an adventure after our fortnight run to Target and got us some fancy doughnuts.

We found their new store front after a typical goose chase and got ourselves 6 specialty flavor sugar coated treats.

IMGP3958

There were a lot of flavors to choose from, but we stuck with some pretty standard flavors, I guess.
IMGP3962
(left to right: Caramel Apple, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Ganache, Raspberry Mango, Key Lime Pie and Cherry Chocolate.)

I devoured the cherry chocolate when I got home. It was okay, but I'd have liked MORE cherry chocolaty-ness - the standard glaze overpowered the flavor a bit.

IMGP3960

Will we go back? Yeah, probably. If I ever need to wow someone with pretty doughnuts. I think though that I'd prefer a cupcake from here.

1 comment:

njt said...

Wow, those look sooo yummy. Where is the donut place? The link didn't work.

Also can you update the bookclub page? The march book is Out of Africa and then the April one needs to be updated.

Hope you and your belly are feeling well.
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails