Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Squirt:: 4 weeks

Check out the cheeks on this kid

At 1:39 pm today my little squirt is already four weeks old. Time flies, kids grow up fast, and I'm so lucky that I get to be home with my boys so that I don't miss a moment, even if they often drive me nuts.

Little Wyatt is my absolute Zen baby. He is calm and content and happy and alert. Everyone who has met him is amazed at his apparent concentration and dead on stare. I can't help it that my kid(s) are brilliant and advanced. He's already trying to talk and can hold his head up like a kid much older than 4 weeks.



He smells so good.

He is so soft.

He is super squishy.

I have never met or held a more cuddly bundle of goo than this little guy. Even after holding dozens of cousins and babies in my life time, this kid takes the cake. If you want to come and hold him and see for yourself, let me know. I'll supervise a cuddle session.

Two weeks ago he weighed 9 lbs 10 oz. I'm sure at this point he has far surpassed that weight. He is growing like a weed, like his brother did. Soon, I'll have a 22 pounder on my hands with ankle and wrist rolls that are so delectable I could eat them up.

4 weeks

This little guy is a great sleeper - just last night going from a 7:30 pm bottle to 2 am. Amazing. We're still dealing with acid reflux issues with the little guy and yesterday morning thought that he might be dying. He wasn't. His dad in a late night bottle filling session used regular formula, not soy. The poor little guy downed a bottle of the stuff that upsets his little tummy and...an hour later...projected the entire contents of his stomach back at his dad.

Oops. Good thing we figured out the problem before being panic stricken rushing him to the doctor's office.

The day he was born certainly feels like a lifetime ago, and it was a mere 4 weeks ago that we dropped the Monkey off with grandparents and headed to the hospital. I am so lucky to have such good kids, a good husband, and a wonderful and supportive family who have helped to take care of all of us over the last few months, especially the last few weeks.

My boys and I (all three of them) are eternally grateful.

Hi grandma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails