Friday, June 05, 2009

My boys Friday: Naptime

Who doesn't love to nap?

My two year old, that's who.

The last two days have been napless in our house. There is a certain little monkey who thinks it makes him hot stuff to not have a nap. And there is a mama who disagrees.

After 30 minutes of trying to get him to sleep yesterday we brokered a deal with an ultimatum. Go to sleep or sit on your bed and watch a movie for 20 minutes. He opted for the movie and in exactly 23 minutes came looking for me.

What happens to a sleepless boy when you put him in the car at 3:15?

This:



He folds in half like a sandwich.

not my idea of a good nap.

IMGP4357

My little squirt is 3 weeks old and he is a good napper. I'm sure he weighs 10 lbs by this point - he's getting heavy and "chubby chubby". He had some tummy issues the other night so the Monkey and I went to the store for gas drops. The drops worked so well the Squirt slept from 10-5 am.

awesome.

IMGP4372

One final note - elliott is funny. Really, really funny. He's been asking me all week, "So mama, How are things?" Last night he did it with a microphone as if he were interviewing me. He also knows all the words to that song, "little bunny fufu walking through the forest..." And, his new catchphrase is, "should we?" As in, "mama, should we make cookies?" "should we get the mail?" "should we go outside and play with the girl?"

2 comments:

Bing Math said...

Cute boys. Sorry we will miss them for a few days. Think happy thoughts.

Haley

japetersen said...

I love my grandsons --
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails