Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Viva la Elvis!

It's like on of those "6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon" situations.

First - I have discovered all the HD movie channels. Watching "Juno" while trying to work yesterday didn't do me a lot of good.

Second - Last night, as I was feeding the squirt his bottle I went back to the movie channels and saw that one of my all time favorites, "Top Secret" was playing.

I like this movie. One of the best (stupid) movies ever. While watching I laughed.

Third - Nic Rivers, the lead character in the film gives a concert in East Germany. One of the songs he sings, the back-up is a quartet.

Fourth - The quartet and the young Val Kilmer reminded me of a young Elvis (stretch) but I'm sure that's what it was supposed to remind me of.

Fifth - I pulled out my trusty iphone, with it's youtube button and did a search for Elvis + Viva Las Vegas. The name Lucky Jackson is as goofy as Nic Rivers.

Sixth - I found these clips. You just can't beat Elvis and Ann Margaret for some classy entertainment now can you.

Enjoy!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails