Wednesday, August 26, 2009

bullets

  • School started this week. I'm sad. No more fun with Uncle Willie. He's a big 9th grader this year. *Sigh* He's so cute and so big and such a good uncle. Football games start this week too. Exciting times.


IMG_0271

  • I've officially lost 10 lbs (I think) on weight watchers. It's taken me the whole summer, without exercise, but I've done it. Now, I'm back to where I started last summer when I joined WW. The goal was 30 lbs by the end of the year...not sure that I'll make it to 30, but 20 lbs is definitely on the horizon, and maybe a tad bit more.

  • We closed up Shavy Jones Locker for the summer last Saturday. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be to run a small business with a new baby. I'm happy we did it. Hopefully, next summer we'll learn from our mistakes, get open a wee bit earlier in the season and make a profit. We did make enough money all summer though to pay the wages of the kids that worked for us. We really couldn't ask for more than that. We've got one more event, on Saturday, September 19 as a fundraiser for St. Andrew's Catholic school by our house. Come on by, support the school, and get your last shaved ice of the year. Unless of course, you convince us to make you one...we're keeping the machine in the garage all winter.

  • Bees! We have a lot of them.

  • I've temporarily hired my sweet cousin Maddie a couple days a week to help me with my boys. It's temporary until she finds a real job or gets sick of us, or both. She's been helping me for two weeks now and it's just awesome. Thank you Maddie. Elliott LOVES her, calls her Aunt Maddie, and yesterday they made delicious chocolate cupcakes. The boys were in heaven and I get some much needed work done. It's awesome.


DSCN2793

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails