Monday, August 10, 2009

I think that I only have self confidence when I get a new haircut...

Not really, but sometimes, it feels that way.

Today was a big day....mini makeover day. I have been trying for so long to be so blond that my hair was fried. Add some extra baby hormones to my system and it was time for a change.

Before the salon

This is what my hair looked like before entering the salon today. Blond and brassy on top, dark and healthy underneath. I don't know what I'd been doing over the last few months but the last time I colored my hair myself was a disaster and I needed to get it fixed.

My roots were coming in so dark that I decided to bite the bullet and go closer to my natural color. Now, this isn't the golden blond I was born with, or grew up with, but whatever dark color was lurking underneath I decided to let it see the light.

I walked in, sat down, and let Romela work her magic. It took about 10 min. to decide just what to do to the damaged mess on my head but it was decided to try and bring it back from the dead, and avoid color for a while, thus....

darker.

and boy is it darker.

see
After 2 hours in the salon.

bye bye blond. I'll miss you

SIDE NOTE:
When I sat down in the chair, Romela told me that she'd double booked my appointment for a client with a crazy schedule and knew I wouldn't mind.

She told me that the client was a big wig in my church, and then told me her name.

While my hair was processing, I googled the client. Her name is Elaine Dalton - she is the general president of the Young Women's for the LDS church.

She's up there.

She probably kicks it with the prophet.

She was getting her hair colored, too.

When it was time for my cut and her color to process, we switched seats again and she said, "Annie, let me show you something." She had an iphone with the identical pink case as mine. I thought that was pretty funny.

A little bit later my phone rang. She got hers out of her purse - she has the same ring tone as me, too.

Why is this interesting - because yesterday I got a new calling in the ward, Young Women's Presidency -secretary. And today I met the head honcho, with foils in her hair.

And I didn't know who she was.

Good lesson.

5 comments:

ann michele said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen sister.

why oh why is it that haircuts/colors can make us feel the way we do -

Codi said...

It looks gorge-I love it!! And congrats on your new positions (I think? :))

fivewoods said...

Looks great! Did Elaine change her color?

japetersen said...

Did you mention to Sister Dalton that you had just received a new calling?
Mom

Leatham Family said...

It looks good. I like the color. Congratulations on your new calling. Make it fun! Did Sis. Dalton give you any great advice?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails