Sunday, August 23, 2009

a long goodbye

There comes a time in everyone's life when they must say goodbye to dear friends.

Alas, my time has come.

To say goodbye to my dear friend.

my sweet ride


We sold my sweet little golf yesterday. Oh, how I love this car. Ross put the add up on craigslist on Friday and we sold her yesterday. For full asking price.

I'm sad.

Especially because she's being replaced with a truck.

I guess when you live by people with horse property you must do as they do.

I bought my sweet little ride in the Winter of 2000. I had been looking for a black golf for months, checking dealership inventory online weekly. I found it, wrote down the VIN number and the day after Christmas my dad and I drove to the dealership. They didn't even know that the car was on the lot.

The salesman found it in the back. I knew the second it pulled around that I wanted the car, and didn't even want to drive it.

My dad insisted on a test drive so I made him do it. I sat in the passenger seat and let him drive her up and down State Street.

We came back in, signed paperwork and she was mine.

The car had 6 miles on it the day we took it for a test drive.

I felt so cool, and so fast and so grown up. I had my first real job and my first real car.

Right now it has a little over 94,000 pretty low miles for such an old girl.

My sweet little ride has driven all over the world, well all over the US. To New Jersey and back in the summer of 2001 and then the next weekend to Denver....all for a couple of concerts.

Oh the memories.

I love that car.

But, she isn't a family wagon, cannot actually fit people in the back seat, and belongs to a single gal, not a "soccer mom".

So, she's going. To a girl named Mikele.

She isn't quite cute enough, but she'll do.

Goodbye sweet car.

Oh, how I loved you.

2 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

This cracked me up. And that picture looks really cool - did you edit it somehow?

Lindsey Montague said...

Hey, remember me? The neighbor who disappeared? Well, I linked over to my original blog from a few years ago, saw your link and thought I'd try it.

Sorry I wasn't there to say congrats on cute boy #2. (Wyatt?) I loved your blog about meeting Sis. Dalton at your hair appt. So funny.

You all look great. Hope Daybreak is still being nice to you. (new blog, if interested: 4montagues.blogspot.com)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails