Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a couple of milestones

a bit more bragging from this pleased as punch mama.

the Squirt is 4.5 months old today. I told his dad last night, before falling asleep, that I cannot even remember being pregnant - that it feels like a lifetime ago. This little guy of mine is sure growing up fast.

Last week, after his 4 month check-up we started rice cereal....with a pinch of sugar of course.

He loves it. Absolutely loves it. He reminds me of a baby bird. When he sees the spoon coming he opens wide and starts to giggle.




Being such a big kid, like his brother, Ross and I were pretty certain that some of those important gross motor skills like rolling over, sitting up, etc. would be a bit delayed. They were with the Monkey, so why not with the Squirt.

Well, with a lot of motivational talks between the two of us and a few attempts to teach him how, my chubby wubby rolled over this morning. Unproded. No help at all. All by his little old self. In fact, he did it about six times and on the seventh? Well, he seemed to have forgotten how to roll over and just yelled at me instead.



It was so cute.

I am so proud.

And, because all mama's need to give equal love and face time to their munchkins, here's the other one.

We went to the zoo last week with my dad, and the video speaks for itself. That kid of mine loves the "rhinerocerous" and I love to hear him say it. Over and over and over again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails