Sunday, September 27, 2009

Watching people jump in unison makes me smile

Last April, tickets for the Killers went on sale. Knowing that the band was Ross' exclusive "president" for about a 6 month period I asked him if he wanted to go and it could be part of his birthday present.

At first he said, "Who would I go with?"

I told him that if I could have a seat and not get general admission tickets that I'd go with him.

At the end of the purchase, the $24 dollar tickets ended up costing me $100 (Happy Birthday!) and we had a date on the calendar - for the last Saturday in September.

That was last night. Can't say that I was really looking forward to it, but I went.

We went late, hoping to miss the opening acts. We missed one and were "lucky" enough to see a punk rock band perform as their alter ego mariachi band.

Sucked!

The Killers however, excellent. They were excited and enthusiastic and you could really tell that they not only love their job, but love their music.

I had a good time. Well, once they started singing songs that have been on the radio and I knew what they were, then I had a good time.

As luck would have it, we ended up sitting right by my good friends Codi and Blake. I'm sure it was a one in one thousand chance that you end up sitting by someone who you didn't even know what going to the show except for like, an hour before.

Anyway - it was fun. I'd see them again. The show reminded Ross and me of the first (and only) time we saw ColdPlay. Almost 7 years ago at Salt Air. It was before they were famous and full of themselves, and before they made crap music. It was at the time, one of the best concerts either of us had ever been too.

Last night probably topped that - and I know it did for Ross.

And - no concert experience would be complete without crazy creepy dancers...all standing right next to us. And, the kids who managed to film it all on their cell phones and send it to their friends.

We had some girl who danced so provocatively that it was like she was doing a strip tease with her clothes on. Or, the creepy old guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt and tight Khaki shorts (with a braided leather belt) who not only danced the night away, but had his own hand actions for most of the songs. Gotta love the people who love the music more than the band.

2 comments:

Codi said...

I'm still pretty giddy that we were seated next to you two for such a great show last night (and I promise we didn't sneak over to those seats after I found out you were there!).

I didn't have high hopes for this show - it was for Blake too - but it was amazing. And ever more fun that all of the dancers you are describing I've seen in real life!!

Thanks for hanging out - even though it was just fate that planned our double date!

ann michele said...

amen to the freak-o dancers. i absolutely HATE to go to concerts unless i can sit in my own chair, NOT be FORCED to dance, sing, stand or do anything other than just sit.

seriously. i am SO not a concert person. nate is actually in utah today to go see pearl jam tonight with his brothers. i declined - NO THANK YOU......killers sounds like a decent one to attend. i like them....thumbs up to ross for liking a decent band....blah blah i am totally rambling...sorry...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails