Thursday, September 03, 2009

One of the ways we communicate

When my brother was little, we played a game. I would say a word, then he'd say a word, then I'd say a word. We'd tell stories that way, usually cracking ourselves up about 10 words in and starting over.

We're both older now, and have moved onto more mature forms of communication.

Now, we text.

We text movie lines. I'm not sure what the "rules" to our new game are, but we both seem to know when the rules have been broken, and how to play the game.

We play when sitting in the same room, laughing at each other from across the living room carpet.

Here was our game from the other night.
Willie: Ferris Beuhler, you're my hero

Annie: When Cameron was in Egypt land

Willie: Nein........................ten?

Annie: Dude, where's my car?

Willie: I was hiding under your porch because I love you

Annie: Nobody puts baby in a corner.
I love you so much it's retarded

Willie: Nobody stabs my bus

Annie: Wuv. Twoo wuv.

Willie: I want to be a sweater vest enthusiast
He's only part dead

Annie: Kick boxing. You know, sport of the future.

Willie: You guys aren't a-the-letes....Since when does athlete have 3 syllables

Annie: If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter


You get the idea. There was more, much more but most of it had to do with HomeStar Runner and Strongbad, and I've just got to spare you that.

1 comment:

japetersen said...

Welcome to conversation in my house! You missed out describing the special effects and bodily function sounds -- I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails