Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Squirt:: 4 Months



Oh my baby!
You are so sqishy.
And adorable.
And happy.

I love you lots and lots.

You weigh, unofficially of course, about 20 pounds and are about 26 inches long. You are wearing 12 month clothes and have no ankles.

You sleep through the night, from about 8 or 9 to 6 in the morning. I wish that there were some naps during the day, but since you'd miss SO MUCH if you were asleep, I guess three 30 minute naps a day is all that you need. Your grandpa says that your lack of interest in day time sleep must mean you are a genius - that would be cool. So would a long nap in the afternoon, too.

You are a hunk-a-hunk a burning love. I love to kiss you and tickle you and talk to you and tell you stories and listen to the stories you tell me in return.

You can almost sit up all by yourself and have two teeth starting to come in. Poor little guy. I'm sorry that mine and your dad's genes make baby teeth come in so early and in sets of two. You're being a real trooper though. A real slobbery boogery trooper.

fun at snowbird

Thank you for smiling.

Thank you for sleeping through the night.

Thank you for laughing and talking and giving me big slobbery wet kisses on my cheeks.

Thank you for being smart and alert and soft and squishy.

Thank you for "going with the flow" and taking life in stride.

Since the day you were born, I've called you my little Zen baby. It's so true. You are the calm in our home and the peace in our day. No matter what happens, what I'm worried about, or what our moods are, you make everyone around you happy.

I love you little squirt.

He found his hands

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails