Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's a girl!

2007

Throughout my childhood, in our family the girls out numbered the boys, 3-1.

When my brother was added to the mix, things evened out a bit, but us girls still had a 3-2 advantage.

Then, life started to change.

I got married - adding another boy.

Then I had a baby - adding yet another boy.

Then my sister got married - adding you guessed it, another boy.

Then - courtesy of me, yet one more boy.

Us girls are sorely outnumbered these days 6-3.

Every Sunday after dinner it's the same thing.  The girls gather around the table to actually talk to each other or grade math papers and the boys plop on the couches and the floor to watch football.  Or basketball.  Or anything sporty.

Well, guess what.

My sister is having a baby inb May and she found out yesterday it's a girl.

I'm so excited.

I just can't hide it.

Oh, PINK!

Ribbons!

Bows!

Frilly stuff!

I'm definitely the more fluffy one out of my sister and me, but I've got boys and she's getting a girl.

And has to learn how to comb hair.

And I get to be the Auntie to a sweet smelling lovely baby girl.

I'm going shopping RIGHT NOW!

1 comment:

ann michele said...

yae! congrats to haley!!! i hope the little sprite has red hair!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails