Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Firsts of the New Year

IMGP6795

Were only a few days into the new decade, but already we've got some firsts.

Clean sheets on all the beds in the same day. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

IMGP6756

IMGP6703

The Chicker got his first haircut. He has learned to wave. He can turn the tv on and change the channel. He unfortunately seems to enjoy football bowl games. He also got his first super severe head bonk when he climbed up the legs of a bar stool in the kitchen and crashed backwards. And then his second, third, fourth....too many to count at this point. Man alive, I thought that kid screamed loud when he was happy.

I forgot how much of a love/hate relationship I have with mobile babies. Ug! It's totally stressing me out...in a good way, I suppose.

In cleaning out the basement after the holiday, we found three ipod cables. Cool. Anybody need an extra?

I exercised - a first in a long time. Just on Monday though. Not sure the pattern will continue. Oh wait, what pattern?

The Monkey got sick. Last Saturday at 7:00 pm he started puking. He up-chucked 11 times. The last of which was on Sunday morning and it was bright green. That got said Monkey a trip to the emergency room, lots of tests including a urine sample, and a diagnosis of intestinal virus.

Puke is absolutely awful. Disgusting.

Red puke does not come out of carpet - just in case you were curious.

IMGP6834

The puker, also known as the almost three year old, started preschool this week. He's going to a little neighborhood thing, two mornings a week for a couple of hours. We took him yesterday, stayed for a few minutes and then the Chicker and I snuck out.

That kid of mine did awesome.

I'm working on a better attitude for the new year, and contemplating some changes for the blog. Neither venture however, am I ready to discuss or disclose. That'll keep you coming back, right?

IMGP6707

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails