Sunday, January 24, 2010

I never thought this morning that I'd wake up with a three year old.

Jan 29.013

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

IMGP7070

I am now the parent of a three year old. Hard to beleive, but it's true. It seems like just yesterday that you were born, and sick. Now You are a healthy, active, smart as a whip pre-schooler.

IMGP6944

Oh little Monkey, we all love you very much. You are a spirited, opinionated, and very sharp little kid with a photographic memory and a great grasp on vocabulary, emotion, and social dynamics.

You are so fun to talk to and dance with and sing songs with. The last year has seen you grow up so much. I guess becoming a big brother will do that to a little kid.

IMGP7054

We had a great party for your birthday with pizza and BLUE cake and wonderful gifts. You fell in love with your basketball uniform and wore it for two days straight before we could finally get it off of you.

I love that as a three year old you are so passionate about so many things. You have favorite songs and always want the music turned up louder. You are a great dancer, talker, and are so friendly, willing to talk to everyone you meet.

IMGP7050

You are doing great at preschool this past month and are turning into a major gym rat just like your Uncle Willie. In fact, we spent the day of your birthday watching basketball games - Uncle Willie's and the Runnin' Utes. And, for your birthday dinner we let you pick where you wanted to eat.

You wanted to go to the place with the peanuts. That meant 5 Guys for a hot dog and fries.

Birthday dinner

As of right now, you love the color red (and blue and green), eating pasta for dinner and cheering at the tv when watching sporting events. You have started taking showers and sleeping without your binker, even though you're not ready to throw them away.

IMGP7043

You love the Beatles song, "Don't let me down" and the church song, "I love to see the Temple". Lightning McQueen seems to be your hero these days and you have been wandering around the house saying, "Don't get mad, get glad". Every morning you ask how I slept and what the plan is for the day and every night you tell me that you love me.

IMGP7035

You love Wonder Pets, Diego, and Dinosaur Train and if I'd let you, you'd watch tv all day long. You love to play basketball, and your team always wins with a score of 28. Your best friend is Willie, and you don't call him "Uncle Willie", you always call him your "friend Willie."

The other day, you were concerned about my fat stomach. I reminded you that I had a fat stomach because I had had two babies. You looked at me, poked me in the stomach and said, "no mama, you're tummy means you're going to have a third baby."

I'm not - but it's nice to know you're looking out for me.

IMGP7076

I love you baby boy! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Codi said...

Happy birthday Elliott!! Wow, three?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails