Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day Thirty: what a month

photo.jpg

Today, November is over.  I'm pretty sure this is my last attempt at NaBloPoMo.  After reading what Eden, the inventor wrote a week or so ago, it could be the last one for everyone.  It's a fun, but very draining experience to write something on your blog every day for a whole month.

This morning, I've been thinking about the last month and about some of the things that have happened in the last thirty days.  Here's the short list.

  • hosted two dinner parties
  • baked and iced nearly 200 cupcakes
  • made 7 dozen croissants from scratch
  • all four of us had bronchitis.  They boys had walking pneumonia, too
  • celebrated dad's birthday
  • moved out of my house for four days
  • had my entire house painted while I was moved out for four days
  • did my job, attended a staff meeting, planned for and prepared a live webinar for folks all over the country
  • picked my mom up form the airport
  • went to church
  • taught a big combined lesson at church that made a couple young women cry
  • survived the preschool carpool another month
  • survived having my preschooler home with out school for five days straight
  • bought an artificial Christmas tree and decorated it
  • mourned the loss of my great uncle 
  • prayed for my brother-in-law who was in a terrible motorcycle accident while he was in the hospital two weeks and had to have his shoulder joint replaced
  • continuing to pray for my brother-in-law as he makes a slow recovery
  • finished 90% of my Christmas shopping
  • wrapped a few Christmas gifts to send to Arizona
  • sent Ross and the Chick to the emergency room because he wasn't breathing so good.  Spent a week doing the inhaler every three hours and a lot of sleepless nights driving around the neighborhood
  • watched football on tv
  • addresses and stuffed all my Christmas cards
  • sat for a family photo
  • made Christmas count down chains and hung them throughout the house
  • bought my own Christmas present
  • cheered my brother on as he made the VARSITY basketball team
  • attended an early morning two hour church training
  • went to book club even though I didn't read the book
  • finished two books this month
  • prepped a ton of food for Thanksgiving
  • had a happy Thanksgiving at my mom's house with extended family
  • enjoyed the company of my husband for 5 days straight - happy he was home - didn't argue or fight with him once .
  • loved my boys - loved that they loved having their dad home
Phew!  That was quite a month, wasn't it?

1 comment:

Codi said...

Way to go! I read every day and was always entertained.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails