Thursday, January 06, 2011

Turning into my mother

IMGP8693

It's not a bad thing. Really, it isn't.

Last night, I was getting ready to go to a church meeting. I brushed my teeth. I washed my face. As I started to reapply my make-up, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and watched my hands. I was putting my make-up on the same way my mom does.

Then one boy wandered into the bathroom and made himself at home. Then the other. Just like when I was a kid and my sister and I managed to find a seat on the toilet and bathtub rim to watch my mom. The boys were watching me.

I got dressed in the shirt and sweater my mom gave me for Christmas. Something that is my style, but also very much hers.

While I was sitting, waiting to go to the meeting I was browsing the Internet - trying to learn something new, before I left the house for the night.

Just like my mom.

1 comment:

fivewoods said...

Yes - it happens to all of us.....Cindy/Jerry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails