Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween is over!

Can I just tell you all that, without a whole lot of prodding on my part, my children also think Halloween is dumb. They do.  They would rather pass out candy (I mean stickers - we didn't do candy this year) to random kids than go out in the freezing cold to beg for treats on their own.  I guess when you live in a house where you are not starved for sugar or empty carbs, there really isn't a need to find an outside, neighborhood source to fuel your addictions.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the boys had a good day yesterday.  There was a parade at school, a visit to grandma's house, and wandering around the neighborhood as a monkey and a penguin.  And, we suffered the same fate that I'm sure most households with kids under the age of seven suffered last night - the 8:30 pm sugar induced meltdown that could probably defeat Godzilla.

Yeah - it was awesome.

And because I have nothing left to say except that before I went to bed last night I turned the calendar to November, just to move things along....and because it SNOWED this morning while we were watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving I'll just share with you a bunch of pictures of my goofy kids.


IMGP1411
Waiting for the parade to start

IMGP1422
Wandering through a narrow hallway surrounded by strange adults with cameras.

IMGP1429
All our pumpkins. Nothing got carved because we didn't have time on Monday and Elliott spent all of Sunday throwing up.

IMGP1440
Gratuitous porch picture.

IMGP1449
Let the crazy begin!

IMGP1459

IMGP1463
Wandering the neighborhood

IMGP1481-1

There are more pictures on flickr if you are interested in cross-eyed monkeys, passing out treats, or pumpkins in jars.  Just click on any of the photos in the post to see the rest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails