Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (before Thanksgiving)!

Okay.  It's the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  I've had insomnia for the last 5 nights and my brain hurts, my eyes are puffy, and I have a weird sore on my lip.  My boys started waking up at 5:30 this morning but didn't start fighting until 6:30.  Nothing I love more than getting up before the daylight savings sun on a Sunday morning.

Cue sarcasm........NOW!

The boys are shooting baskets in the kitchen and dad is in the shower.  There is a good inch of snow on the ground and it just started snowing sort of a whippy, swirly mess of tiny flakes.

This morning is the perfect time to show you the goofy Christmas art project I worked on last week.

I bought two blank canvas a while ago and have been trying to figure out what to do with them.  Once I decided Christmas art was in order I painted them my new favorite shade of red (Martha Stewart Maine Lobster) and got to work.


photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Because I am not very talented, I had to make a stencil(out of freezer paper) for my little painted sign but the stencil worked out great and once I did the touch up work (in red and white) the finished product turned out pretty cute and I've got the perfect place to hang it in my house for the holidays.

And, because I still had another canvas, I went with an idea I had seen online (nothing original here these days) and used the boys to help me with the art project. Want to get your kids all giggly and goofy? Paint their feet!

O Christmas tree. O Christmas tree…feet!

1 comment:

Codi said...

Love this! The foot tree is darling and will be so fun to have when your boys are big!

Good luck with sleeping this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails