Thursday, November 10, 2011

I should have been more obvious

photo.JPG

I am often reminded that when it comes to letting my husband know that I love him, I am not outwardly affectionate enough.  Which, is true.  That's why I get reminded.  I don't really hug, I'm not too touchy and I keep a lot of my feelings to myself.  I do however, love my husband very much - why else would I do his laundry and fix him dinner every night?

Ross is currently camped out at a local hotel from now until Thanksgiving doing some international training for the last phase of his two year project at work.  He is speaking Spanish every day and hanging out with people from all over the world (Chile, Peru, Argentina, Mexico, Switzerland, Russia and Kazakhstan to be specific).

On Monday afternoon, the boys and I happened to be heading out to run some errands that would drive us right past Ross' hotel.  I thought that it would be funny to leave a little note on his windshield so I quickly grabbed a piece of paper, jotted a few words and jumped in the car.  While stopped at a red light I put on as much gloss as my lips could hold and laid a smooch right on the paper.

I thought, "He has to know this is me!  I laugh in the face of not being a "romantic'!"

The note was then folded in half and placed on the windshield and the boys and I went about our business.  About 45 minutes later he called to say that he was on his way home from work.  

The rest of the conversation went something like this:

Him:  So, when I got out to my car there was this note on my windshield.
Me: Really?  What did it say?
Him:  Yeah, it said call me and has a big kiss on it.  It doesn't say who it's from.  Is it from you?
Me:  Um...no!  Why would I leave a note on your car (trying to contain my laughter).
Him:  Really?  Well then someone got confused and put a note for someone else on my truck.

When we hung up I couldn't stop smiling.  

Apparently I am so far off the "affection" meter that a note left on my husband's car, obviously from me, doesn't even register in his brain as being from me - he thinks someone made a mistake and left the note on the wrong car.

Once he got home from work, Elliott clarified the note situation at dinner ("Dad, when we went to the Utah store, mom left a note on your car at the hotel!") and there were some blushing cheeks on the adults in the room.

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me in the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails