Monday, November 28, 2011

A typical Sunday night

Every Sunday we join the family for dinner at my mom's house.  We eat at 5:00 pm, but everyone gets there a little bit early and then after dinner we hang out all night.  It seems that each and every Sunday though, we fall into the same routines.  Everyone sits in the same spots, does the same stuff, and we talk and laugh, and some of us (dad!) snore a bit.

Last night I decided to do a quick run through the house to photograph everyone in their designated spots.


Cherry dump cake for dessert. Yum!

Last night we ate dessert first. Cherry dump cake, a family favorite.

Sunday night 1:  my brother doing math homework

That handsome brother of mine, who will never tweet me back because he says twitter isn't for conversations even though he twits back all the other people he tweets with, doing his hard math problems for his math teacher who, whenever anyone asks her a question says, "My husband is nearly blind!"

Sunday night 2:  the math teacher helping with homework

The super smart math teacher sister helping the handsome brother with his hard math problems.

Sunday night 3:  grandma and the kids w Elmo on the computer

All the little chillin's with grandma ma. Usually, they are in the basement playing air hockey, pirate dinosaurs, or watching bull riding. Last night they were all playing Elmo in Grouch land on the computer.

Sunday night 4:  the football watchers and sleepers

The over 30 men's crowd watching football, reading tweets about football, sleeping through football, and making work appointments for the next day while watching football. Once football ends, they'll find something else to watch, usually ESPN classic or some "fat guy eating greasy food" show.

Sunday night 5:  me being bored because they are talking about taxes.

And then, there's me. Last night, like most Sunday nights, I don't really have a crowd. I float. I'm too dumb to do math. I'm too lazy to entertain the kids (though Molly wog did sit on my lap for like 15 minutes, a record, to watch Elmo movies on my phone). I'm too disinterested to watch football. I'm too unemployed to talk about taxes. Sometimes I'll color a picture.

2 comments:

japetersen said...

The cherry dump cake looks great!

Bing Math said...

Fuuny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails