Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nine Years

cake

philadelphia christmas 123

Barely pregnant hair

melanie and justin100

family portrait

my family

Chickermunker in the bathroom sink

IMGP9148

Polaroid21

IMG_5364

People say we look alike.

Forgive the photo retrospective, but today is my wedding anniversary.  In February I got to look at an awesome book my sister-in-law put together of her relationship through wedding with Ross' brother.  They have so many pictures of the two of them together.  I told her that I didn't think that in 9 years of marriage and 10 years together that there are more than 50 pictures of my husband and me in the same photo.  She didn't believe me, but after looking through my archives, I'm pretty close to being right.

I love my husband dearly.  We balance each other out.  Our obnoxious compliments each other perfectly.  He see's the glass as half full when I see it as empty.  I can find the positive when he has nothing good to say.  He goes to work and I wash and fold and put away his underwear.  He takes shirts to the dry cleaner so I don't have to ruin them with the iron.  I cook dinner, he does the grocery shopping.  I vacuum, and he empties the dishwasher.  He is a hard worker and an excellent father.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing him load the boys into his truck on a Saturday morning for a grand adventure with their dad.  He puts up with me, and all the crapola (and hormones) I throw at him on a daily basis.  He tells me that I'm not fat, even though I know he knows I am.  He is level headed to my panic.  I am empathy to his apathy.  We are complete opposites and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Unlike in years past, we are actually celebrating our anniversary with a night on the town...just like the old days when we were the "couple that does things".  Dinner, a musical, a night away from the kids.  He is ecstatic about sleeping in, in a quiet hotel room.  I am terrified about not being within 10 feet of my kids when they are asleep.  

But, as with everything else in our lives together - everything will work out as it should.

2 comments:

Codi said...

Happy anniversary!! You guys really are a great couple. Enjoy your date night and over-nighter!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I hope you had a great time. I don't think that Devin and I have very many pictures together. I better get taking some. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails