Tuesday, August 05, 2014

First day of kindergarten!

Finally!  This boy started kindergarten today without a second of hesitation.  While we were waiting for hin to disappear into the school he turned to me and looked up.  Are you ready I asked.  He smiled a giant smile, gave me a thumbs up and said, "I've

Today was the day, boy #2, the day that you started Kindergarten!  Oh, how we have been literally waiting months and months for this day to finally arrive.  You have been getting antsy, and a little nervous, and in the last week or so, taking that nervous energy out on anyone and everyone who you could, but the day finally arrived.

You were up at the crack of dawn this morning.  You cooperated.  You ate breakfast.  You got dressed.  You made your bed and brushed your teeth.  We mo'd the hawk as high as we could get it and both you and Elliott were ready for school 15 minutes before it was time to head out the door with backpacks on, sitting on the couch side by side, waiting patiently for me to give the "Okay, open the garage.  Let's get in the car."

We drove to school and parked.  Your teacher wanted parents for the first couple of days to wait with the kids.  Elliott split from us as quickly as he could, but you and Quinn and I mosied on over to the kindergarten lines to size things up.  It was all pretty exciting and a little overwhelming.  You weren't sure whether or not you should stand by me, or stand by the wall, or go and play, or try to make a new friend.

Your teacher came out with name tags and you ran up to find yours.  Mrs. Woolf is going to be awesome!  You came back to me for a minute and looked up with a giant grin.  I asked, "Are you excited?" The smile got bigger and right before you bolted to stand in line with your classmates, with all the confidence in the world, you gave me a thumbs up, and said, "Mom, I've got this!"

Yes my boy.  You do.


#onemore #kindergarten

1 comment:

emj said...

I love this! Go Wyatt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails