Friday, August 08, 2014

Healthy Living, Round Two

Almost four weeks ago, I started my second 12 week healthy living challenge.  This time around, Haley and I are in charge, we got our husbands involved, and have a group of 21 family and friends participating with us.  We made some changes to the "rules", including an every other week, all or nothing (for points) weekly food challenge (like no dairy, no eating out, no gluten, etc.), and so far, it's been going well.

The two weeks in between the first challenge and this challenge were awful.  I felt miserable.  I was sick, ate crap, and felt like I had bricks in my stomach.  I hardly exercised and didn't go to the gym at all.  It was really bad.

But, with the first month nearly completed, my life feels back on track.  Exercising five days a week, getting enough sleep and water and eating all my fruits and vegetables suits me.  As does sugar only one day a week.  I probably could give that up, but I'm just not ready to give up everything.

Last week, we knew that our weekly dinner with my grandpa would be on Saturday night - we'd swim and my mom told us that we'd just have pizza.  In fact, we'd have Litza's Pizza, which happens to be not only pretty much my favorite pepperoni and sausage pizza round, but pizza I haven't had for at least 4 months or so.  I was so excited.  I knew, probably on Tuesday, that I'd be eating pizza on Saturday so I worked hard for it all week long.  I was going to indulge.  So, I hit the gym hard, ate salads for lunch all week, and was well below my calorie allotment all week long.

On Saturday, in the early afternoon, I talked to my mom.  Pizza was canceled.  My grandpa, who isn't a huge pizza guy anyway, had already had pizza that week, and it was Litza's.  So, our dinner plans had changed.  I got off the phone, and though it's embarrassing to admit it, I actually shed a tear or two.  I don't know if I'd ever wanted to eat something so desperately in my entire life.

Alas - it wasn't meant to be.

Alas again, neither my sister nor I could get that stupid pizza out of our heads.  On Monday night, Haley and her family indulged in the delicious treat and on Wednesday night I conveniently forgot what I was going to forget for dinner and.....Voila!

Litza's Pizza was for dinner.

I ate too much and it was delicious.  And I was sick the rest of the night.


Aaahhhhh.  I feel so much better, and fuller now. @hqbing1 #wortheverycalorie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails