Sunday, August 31, 2014

A milestone worth noting

Waiting for our food at chubby at thanksgiving point.  I haven't fixed dinner since Tuesday! #summer #awesome  #hotisnicebuttoohot

2014 has sort of been a year where I've been working on a little bit of self-improvement.

I finished 18 months worth of classes in April and renewed my teaching license for another few years.

I've quit relying so much on pills for aches and pains and zits and turned to different things like essential oils, homeopathic remedies, and more natural stuff like oils and honey and cinnamon to cure what ails me.

I've tried to not yell at my kids as much and take a deep breath before I rush into a situation and freak out at them.

I've tried to start reading again, watch a lot of interesting documentaries, and pay more attention to real news instead of celebrity news.

Mostly though, it's been a food and weight loss journey for me this year.  I've written about it so much the last few months that I'm sure no on is interested in reading about it anymore, so I'll keep it brief.

This week I hit a landmark goal.  Last November, when I finally got serious and motivated to make some changes, I set a goal to lose 30 pounds.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would take me 10 long months full of success, but also a lot of tears and frustration and angry to get to that goal, but this week I did it.  There was no fan fare.  No ticker tape parade.  I didn't do a single thing to celebrate except smile a little on the scale on Thursday morning when I saw the number I've been aiming for forever.  I finally made it.  Phew!

Lest you worry that I'm done, there are a few more weight loss and healthy living goals to come.  I'm going to continue on the path I'm on for the remainder of 2014.  I'd like to lose at least another 10 pounds if I've got it in me, and I'd like to re-establish my gym routine which, in the last few weeks has all but disappeared in lieu of the snooze button and the elliptical machine at home.

But, I did it.  I've wanted to quit at least once during every single week of the last 10 months but I didn't.  I'm not sure where the will power or the motivation has come from this time around, but I'm sure happy that it decided to stick around.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

Woo Hoo!!

Way go go!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails