Friday, December 08, 2006

Someone to watch over me

Driving to work this morning I got a phone call. The caller ID on my cell said, "Family." I figured it was my mom calling to tell me that I had messed up on the family party invitation and even though the envelopes were sealed and stamped, I'd have to make changes.

It was my mom, but that wasn't the purpose of the phone call. She called because Willie had something important to tell me. However, after some major prompting to speak from my mom, he couldn't quite spit it out and there was quite the dramatic interchange between Mom and Willie ("tell her"..."no you tell her", etc.). Mom finally told Willie that it was his job to tell me what it was that was so important and Willie said, "I can't because I'll start to cry again"....at that point, I got a little concerned.

The boy that is the cutest little brother ever finally spit it out, very quickly (and then my mom had to clairfy because I wasn't quite sure I got what he said), but he told me.."If you don't get a Christmas tree then all the bad ghosts will get you and you might die" (Or something to that effect).

Obvoiusly, I was a little confused, until Mom told me that Willie is reading Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol" for school and they just got through the Ghost of Christmas Past last night and apparently it not only scared the crap out of him (probally because he realized there are still two ghosts to go) but, he came to the conclusion that if his scrooge of a sister doesn't get her act together and get a Christmas tree and some holiday spirit soon, then there may be trouble in river city.

Willie, thanks for caring and always looking out for me. I'll see what I can do about the tree.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails