Friday, December 15, 2006

Playing with Passion like the Beatles

Tonight, Haley has to play guitar in a band at the church party. She has been attending trainings with the Martinez family (the other half of the band) for weeks and weeks. Last weekend, Haley wasn't playing with enough "umpfh" and inspiration that Mr. Martinez made her sit down to watch a video of the Beatles so she could see what it is like to play with passion. The band originally set out to play 6 numbers, three Christmas songs and three "traditional" songs, one of which was Tequila. As of last week, if I remember correctly, they added at least one more song and it appears to be something by Black Sabbath. I am sure that will go over great at the Ward Party!

Ross and I are not going to the party to watch the band. I figured that the fam. and the grandparentals was enough to stare at her whilst playing some Ozzy. Instead, I think that we'll just crash out at home. It's been a long week for the both of us. Between work and other commitments and this whole "baby" thing, I've completely run out of steam. Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment and it was very disappointing. "Gary" and I have been overachievers for the last 8 months in weight gain, size, measurements, health problems, etc. and it seems that we are evening out. My blood pressure was good, the blood sugars are under control and Gary seems to be "average" right now. I only gained two pounds and measured 34/5 centimeters which means that I haven't grown any (even though I feel 28.6 pounds heavier) in 2 weeks. To the doctor, that is a good sign...to me it means that January 15 might turn into the actual due date of February 7 and that stressed me out to no end. The doc had put the 15th as D-day into my head months ago and I've pretty much settled on it. Well, as everything progresses "normally"...it looks like early isn't as realistic as I thought. Suck! So, after the appointment I was a little disappointed. I'm better now, but I wasn't the nicest person for a while last night. Sorry Ross! Part of my problem could be these ankles. They hurt. The other night they were super swollen and as Ross and I were working on some projects in the office, I decided to document the swollen-osity. Ross' is the hairy ankle in the middle and represents what mine used to look like, w/o the hair.

christmas 06002


To end the whiny post on a more positive note, I finally did some holiday decorating. After mucho harassment from Willie, Mom, and even Grandma, I bought a "tree" at target. It is small, silver and sparkle-y and I made a "shrine" for the holidays. So it's done, the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future won't get me, and a blah humbug to all.

christmas 06005


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nevermind the hairy ankle... look at that pinky toe! dude. -craig

Bing Math said...

Dangit! I was going to comment on the toe . . . too slow, I guess. Sorry you're ankles are so swollen. Are you sure you haven't been playing basketball and suffered a sprain? I may hav seen those ankles before.

Anonymous said...

That toe looks like it has been severed and reattached. Is that mean to say? By the way, fat ankles are the first thing to go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails