Tuesday, September 23, 2008

20 Months

The last few days, even the last few weeks can be summed up in a few words: Independence, Boundaries, Testing, Trying, Delightful. You see my boy, you are exhibiting some very grown-up behavior like brushing your own teeth and combing your own hair - your even starting to pick out your own clothes in the morning. You are also pretty keen these days on throwing temper tantrums, hitting your mama, and experiencing your first time-outs which aren't going well.

I think you're growing, and that you have allergies. We were both in a house today with a cat and have been a tad cranky every since because of our boogers.

In the last few weeks you've added new words to your vocabulary like church and lunch, and bubbles and you've become obsessed with TV and movies. It seems that we do manage some quiet time during the day without Thomas or Blue, but by golly I've got to work hard at keeping you entertained.




You love our morning walks, especially when we stop at the playground and go down the slide countless times. You love to laugh and sing and have learned so many new songs including "I'm a little tea pot" and grandma's song "where is thumbkin". You have proven to us time and again, that you are not a fan of church in general but you do love the nursery and can hardly wait to go and play with all the other kids - even if you tower over them.

Uncle Willie is the most important person in your life right now and Grandma Howden's dog JoJo your most important animal. You ask for both on a regular basis and are convinced that Willie is living and hiding in our basement. Every day at some point we walk down to the basement, open all the doors, look under the cushions and call out "mee mee" in search of said beloved uncle. When we don't find him, you look at me with sad puppy eyes and say "I don't know". I tell you that he is at school and that we'll find him later - you generally seem okay with that.




You love to eat popcorn and oranges and string cheese and rolls. You are becoming quite the left handed drawer and you are even starting to read. Or at least do your version of reading. It is just about the cutest thing in the entire world and I do my best to get you to read to me several times a day.





Even though you will no longer sit in your high chair, ride in the kiddie seat in the shopping cart, or let me buckle you in the stroller, I still love you lots and lots! Probably just because you're super cute. And, because I think you love me back. And, because you let me wrap your stuffed animals up like babies in blankets and watching you carry them around and kiss them on the head melts my heart. And, because you let us dress you up like a penguin just for kicks. That was pretty cool.


1 comment:

Bing Math said...

He's a cute boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails