Thursday, September 25, 2008

A little bit of justice can sure go a long way

We were driving in the car on a road that is under construction. The place where I wanted to make a left-hand turn had a sign telling me I couldn't do it. I drove to the next place to turn around, did so and headed back in the direction of where I needed to be.

As I was making a right-hand turn at the intersection that said no left-hand turns, a stupid woman in her stupid fancy car made a left-hand turn...an illegal left-hand turn and she was in such a hurry that she almost ran me over.

This incident, as many like this, caused me to say to myself out loud in the car, "Ug, where's a cop when you need one?"

My wish was answered. Watching in my rear view mirror I saw the cop appear out of no where, turn on it's lights and pull said stupid woman over! Yes! Justice! Even a little bit of vindication.

Sometimes it's amazing to me how good I feel seeing rule breakers punished. How much is a ticket for making an illegal turn in a construction zone anyway?

1 comment:

Michele said...

We had a similar incident where we were almost ran off the road by an elderly gentleman who probably shouldn't have been driving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails