Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What does your clutter say about you?

During the last 6 weeks or so we've had our basement finished. During this time, my home has become a disaster. Well, I use become loosely because it's always a mini disaster, but it's turned into a category 9 here folks. Cleaning and de-cluttering just isn't my thing so much and with all the dirt and grime that's been blowing around my inspiration has wained to say the least. Well, the basement is finished and it's time to get cracking - but before that, I thought I'd document a bit of it for you out there on the internets.

I'm guessing that you all have spots in your homes like this, but let's take a tour of one of my clutter spots shall we?


This is my lovely IKEA dresser. Besides the fact that it hasn't been dusted in WEEKS, as you can see there is quite a bit going on - on such a tiny space.


This little ceramic duckie was a gift when the Monkey was born. It originally held baby supplies and ointments. Now it holds all the pens that I've wrangled away from said Monkey.


Mismatched picture frames with some great pictures. The one of my brother, on the left, is like 10 years old but it's one of my most favorite of him ever so I keep it out. The other is on my wedding day. It's a nice one too.


I'm still a bit obsessed with the music from Across the Universe. Several weeks ago Ross and Elliott went to Walgreens and they came home with this movie for me. I haven't even taken it out of the plastic yet but I will. And by damn I'll watch it and enjoy it - one day.


I've been loom knitting this scarf for my cousin on an LDS mission in Rio Gallegos, Argentina since March. I still haven't finished it. His winter at the bottom of the world is now on it's way out. If I ever finish it, I'll be sure to give it to him. Gumby? Not sure.


My sister has been asking for some new books to read - Haley, these are for you. They are in the dresser holding tank and the next time I see you, their all yours.


More pictures - my favorite little monkey (even though the pictures are almost a year old) and my most recent Netflix watch that's ready to be returned. Avenue Montaigne (French with subtitles).


When my great uncle died last year I didn't really take any of his stuff. I did however take this book about Italy, Tuscany in particular. It was a book given to him by my parents so I thought it approprite to take it back. The nano? It's the 5th ipod in our home and I cannot say we use it much. I have a dock on my dresser for it but elliott ripped said nano off of dock and broke the dock. Oops.


Elliott's Mickey Mouse ears from our trip to Disneyland in June. He won't wear them. I ocassionaly put them on his head purely to taunt him - it works.


What dresser clutter would be complete without the King? Oh Elvis! In February, Elliott, Willie and I went to a craft store looking for something with Asian flair and Elliott pulled these off the sticker rack when we weren't looking. I always knew my kid had good taste.

Alrighty then - there you have it. I've exposed my mess and now I want you to expose yours. I CHALLENGE all the readers of this here blog to do a clutter post and then make a comment on this post so we can go and see your messy space. Will you do it?

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

I like your clutter, but I don't see any dust. I have lots of dust. Thanks for the book pile, but I read the Steve Martin one and I, of course, have read the Kerouac (sp?). I have some to return to you also. Your boy is cute! I heart Elvis!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails