Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thomas the Train might need to jump in a lake and a few other things

Elliott LOVES Thomas the Train. The first thing he does when we come downstairs for breakfast in the morning is hug the cabinet that the tv is in and beg "choo choo" at me until I give in. As soon as that blasted song hits his ears, he giggles, cheers, and climbs into his chair to watch - usually with at least 4 blankets, a monkey and a "bee bee" (his binker).

We only have one DVD - we watch it every day. I love watching him watch, but it's time for a new obsession - or at least a new Thomas video.

***
I joined FACEBOOK about a month ago out of curiosity and that whole "everybody else is doing it" peer pressure. The first week I was a member all I did was troll - you know that you did it, too. I looked for people I went to high school with or random acquaintances and everyones friends lists just to spy...and spy I did.

Adding family and a few real and current friends was pretty easy - then Ross joined and it became a small sort of competition - him competing with me but me not knowing it - for friends. He easily won and I was fine with that. 30 friends, all people I really keep in contact with, was just fine for me...it's not like I'm Michael Phelps or anything like that.

Yesterday however, I got my first "high school" friends - you know - the people I haven't spoken to or really thought of for um...12 years. Lucky for me, they were people that I know and was friends with so I was happy to add them to my 30 and exchange a few messages with them.

Yesterday I also got to do my first "ignore" - someone from high school I don't want lurking and spying on me and my profile. When I saw this person had added me as a friend I threw up a little in my mouth and as quickly as possible blocked him and everything else associated.

***
My sister can't stand Sarah Palin and is probably going to vote for Barak Hussein Obama. I don't really care. I'm not voting. Yes, you heard me - the American History teacher, the one who taught her students about civic responsibility and being an active member of society is not going to vote in this presidential election. They can all just throw on a pair of concrete gollashes (sp?) and disappear into Loch Ness.

***
I gained back one of my 9 lost pounds last week because I ate terribly. Ug! That made me so mad. I've only got a few weeks left in my 3 month trial and progress is slow. Probably not going to become a permanent member though. Maybe this week I can try real hard and lose two big LB's and final hit the double digit mark.

Weight lost though, is still gone so for that I am happy.

***
Was this just the most boring post I've ever written? Yep, pretty much!
Sorry.

1 comment:

Codi said...

Actually, I love these random musings. Way to go on the LB's down - I'm sure you'll hit double digits before your membership ends.

I will email you - Lucy and I miss you both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails